Monday, April 1, 2013

35th College Reunion

I received in the mail a postcard announcing the 35th reunion of the class of 1978.  It is hard to believe that it is 35 years since I graduated from High Point College, now known as High Point University.

This is a reunion that I will go to - it has been over 25 years since I have been at High Point and I want to see the changes that have occurred over all these years.  My college years were wonderful and the education that I received immeasurable.  As a Liberal Arts college it was necessary to take 6 credits of a language, English, math or science, history, religion and music or art, and then you could focus on your major.  It gave me a well rounded education and an opportunity to speak on many subjects in the real world.

So, that is not the only thing - the BIG surprise is that the postcard announcing the reunion has a picture of me on it.  Was I SURPRISED and flattered.

Well then leave it to me to volunteer to be on the reunion committee - I never learn my lesson.  But I will only have myself to blame if I this doesn't come off and I did not do anything to help.

Here's to a great 35th reunion of the Class of '78!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment