Monday, April 8, 2013

In Memoriam

Yesterday my brother would have been 49 years old.  This November he will be dead for 10 years.

My brother was my Mother's determination - she wanted another child and preferably a boy after two girls - she got her way only because she took advantage of my father one night when he had had too much to drink.

My Mother went back to work when my brother was less that a year old - he became my responsibility and my paternal Grandmother always referred to him as my son.  That became even more so once my Mother became ill when he was 4 and then died when he was 7.

My brother's biggest fear was dying young and leaving his girls behind, he had three of them.  Unfortunately having been in the Middle East and exposed to Agent Orange he developed a weak heart - he was on the transplant list; but, did not make it.

Like his Mother my brother died in his 30's and left behind three children.  I know that he is watching over them and that he is now spending many hours with Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment