Thursday, April 4, 2013

Perfectionism

When it comes to my home, I am a perfectionist.

I am always looking for the perfect throw pillow, the right comforter set or all accessories which will go with the theme I have in a room.

I sometimes question whether I should have become a designer.  When I am putting a room together my mind has formed the perfect curtains, rugs, pillows and accessories and I go around crazily looking for what is in my mind's eye.

The same happens when I am putting together an outfit to wear, I know what the top should be like, or the shoes and bag and I get very upset when I cannot find what I have conjured up.

It may not be the exact thing that I want; but, I generally can find something that I like and which will "do".

Many times I need to revise my expectations and not make them out of reach.  There is nothing wrong with perfectionism; as long as, you can accept that it will not always happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment