Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hip Flexor

I have now taken two barre classes and a ballet workout class and my left hip flexor is very tender.

I could tell something was wrong over a week ago after I took the first barre class because I had a pain on my left hip - my right hip was totally fine.  My theory was I am using muscles that I have not used in this manner.

I took the barre class a second time and this time I could barely lift my left leg up for certain exercises; but, trooper that I am I continued my aqua aerobics and Zumba classes.

I finally took my first ballet workout class and my left hip continued to hurt - after class I spoke to the instructor who informed me that it was my hip flexor and the best thing for it was to stretch it out.  It is doing moves that it isn't used to and needs to be stretched.  

Each of us has one side that is tighter than the other - mine is my left.  I am hoping that through some stretching exercises and continuing my barre and ballet workouts that in time my left hip flexor will become more limber.

As they say - listen to your body - as we get older do things which will make you more agile and flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment