Sunday, February 16, 2014

Watch Where You Are Driving


We have had so much snow in the Northeast that there is literally no place to put it any longer.

There are major snowbanks at every corner making it treacherous to drive - it is difficult to know if you can make a turn or go into a lane without moving into it quite a bit to see if something is coming.

Not only are there major snowbanks but there is ice all over - starting with my walking out my front door.  There is a two inch sheet of ice outside my front door - as the snow begins to melt off the roof it then freezes on the steps and the landing to my front door.

I continue to put salt on it hoping it will melt - I was ecstatic yesterday when the grounds crew came by and broke up all the ice on the steps and the sidewalk.  Finally I will be able to safely walk out the door and down the steps.

I am hoping the weathermen are correct and that the temperature will be in the 40's and 50's next week.  We can then expect some massive melting, at least I have new rain boots to keep my feet dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment