Wednesday, February 26, 2014

To Self or Not to Self


I am not a proponent of the "selfie"; in fact, I do not like my picture taken at all in any circumstances.

This is for many reasons; I don't think I am photogenic, as a child I had to sit and pose for my father for many hours as he was an amateur photographer and as a result of that I prefer to not have my photo taken.

I do not understand everyone's obsession with the "selfie" - and the posting of your own yourself.  Although I am re-thinking it as I understand what NBC's Today Show is attempting to do.  We as humans are very tough on ourselves and our bodies - we are able to point out everything we dislike about our bodies; but, find it difficult to focus on those things we do like.  There is always something we are trying to improve.

Their (Today's Show) focus on the "selfie" is for us to appreciate ourselves more and to understand that we are the only ones criticizing our flaws.

Over the years I have met many physically beautiful people who later became quite ugly because of their behavior and treatment of others.  Beauty truly is from within and the values, respect and the way we interact with others determines our beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment