Thursday, February 13, 2014

I Was Lucky


Yesterday was Wednesday - my day to be in the city.  

It is an easy commute day as I drive to the train station, park at the commuter's station and then head onto the train and within an hour I am in the city.  Sounds easy enough except that yesterday in order to put my quarters in the meter I would need to scale a 3 1/2 foot mound of ice that was also 2 feet wide.

This was not going to happen, I had a business suit on, heels and there was nothing to hold onto so that I could reach to put the quarters in the meter.  I was prepared to come home to a ticket.

When I arrived at work I mentioned to everyone my dilemma and they stated that the Town should not be able to give me a ticket if I could not get to the meter.  My thoughts were okay; but, I am sure I will have one when I get there.

I was all set to take pictures and have them to attach to the ticket to send back to City Hall when I got off the train.  I had my glasses, my cell phone to take a photo and in my mind I was already crafting the message.

But, a surprise - NO ticket.  I was ecstatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment