Monday, February 24, 2014

Sleep, Glorious Sleep


Of late sleep has been elusive with my just getting a little over 4 hours of it on Saturday night.  

There is nothing worse than it taking over 2 hours to fall asleep and then waking up every half hour and staying awake for awhile.  As a result of twisting, turning, covering, uncovering myself and anything else I could do to fall asleep I woke up with a pulled muscle in my back.

I decided to treat myself and after filling up my gas tank I went to my nail salon and got a milk and honey spa pedicure and a manicure.  The spa had given each of their patrons a $10 gift certificate towards the spa pedicure and I knew that the milk and honey would be very moisturizing.  What an indulgence to have my feet and calves massaged for 15 minutes - to have warm paraffin placed on my heels - no calluses on these feet now.

Unfortunately, just as i would fall asleep in the afternoon for a nap the telephone would ring - I should turn off the ringer; but, would be concerned that I would forget to turn it back on.

I am just hoping that this is a one or two day issue and not something that will carry on for a week, weeks or months.  They say it is important to get a good 8 hours sleep - I would settle for 6 or 7 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment