Thursday, February 27, 2014

Fortuitous Parking



Yesterday was my day to go into New York City and I always park at a meter at the train station.  

I went to my usual area and there were no spots; so I tried the alternative location and noticed that no one was parked in the area so I took the very first spot.  Was I very surprised when I put my first quarter in the meter and it registered 45 minutes.  Whoa - normally I only get 30 minutes for my 25 cents.  

They do not publish the pricing on the meters so it is a "hit or miss" situation as to whether it is 30 minutes or 45 minutes for my quarter.

Believe me I will remember this especially next week when I go to the city on both Wednesday and Thursday and will need to use the commuter meter parking again.  It pays to get out of your rut and park somewhere different - you never know what surprise you will get.

No comments:

Post a Comment