Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What the HECK???!!!?




Yesterday morning it took me an hour and a half to get to work and it had nothing to do with the time I left.

The first thing was that the ramp I normally take was closed for construction, so since I had my GPS on I thought no problem I will just follow it.  I did running into construction lights and trucks at 6 in the morning - only to end up back at the intersection to my house. I finally took an old route to get on to the Taconic.

Next, it was traffic slow down on the Sprain Parkway because a car had been pulled over by a policeman - really is that all that important on the way to work?

Next it was the Throgs Neck Bridge and the fact that at 7:10 in the morning they had still not removed the cones from the evening's construction work.  Explain this - you know what time rush hour begins in New York City - 5AM and two hours later you haven't cleaned up??!!

So I finally made it into the office for 7:30 - still the second person in - plenty of time to settle in before my staff meeting at 8AM; but, not how I like to start my day.

I will try to take this in stride - I know they are only trying to get the roads in good shape before the winter arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment