Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Final Nail of the Week


FINALLY Friday arrived; but, it was not an error free day like I wanted.

All of a sudden right after lunch and just before my afternoon full of conference calls my computer started running slowly.  I was having problems with email, so I did a restart. That didn't work - did it again - still no luck so I decided to call the Help Desk.

On the telephone with the Help Desk and they want to remote into my computer - fine gave him my laptop name - okay one problem cannot get on to the internet via Explorer. Once more I am to re-boot my system, this takes about 7 minutes since my computer is extremely slow.  Done, now can he remote in - once more cannot get Explorer to work. He asks me to re-boot again and call back when that is completed.

Called back into the Help Desk, they try to remote in a different way, doesn't work - they help me clear my cookies and try to remote in again - no luck.  I am now told that I most likely have a corrupted file that is not letting me get into my Outlook.  

I used web mail for the rest of the day - I will do so again on Monday and on Tuesday morning as soon as I get into the office at 7AM I will be calling the Help Desk to have them fix my computer.

Is this week OVER????  Can I have some good karma now for next week, please??!

No comments:

Post a Comment