Saturday, October 5, 2013

They Are Turning, Albeit - Slowly



If you live in the Northeast this is one of the prettiest times of the year as you see the leaves change colors.

This year as we have had a warm September and are enjoying the beginnings of October also being warm it is taking longer for the leaves to turn colors.  As I drive through my community the majority of the trees are still green and have all their leaves - there are a few trees who have some color - one in particular as I round the corner is totally a bright auburn.

Generally the mountains would also have shades of yellow, orange and rust - but they are still for the most part green.  I am fine with the weather remaining temperate for several more weeks.  I don't think that it will have an effect on the trees if we postpone the chilly weather.

Go out - take a walk through the woods and marvel at the colors of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment