Thursday, October 10, 2013

Have I Seen It All????



I thought I had seen it all - but, I guess not.

Today as I was walking from Grand Central to our offices in New York City - a 12 block walk I am used to seeing people reading messages on their smart phones.  I have been known to walk around them, have to stop before they run into me; and, at times notice how oblivious they are to the world around them.

However, I think today took the cake - as I was 8 blocks into my walk I see a woman walking towards me who is not reading messages on her smartphone; but, is reading on her Kindle.  Now I have been known to not want to put a book down and staying up most of the night reading.  BUT, I have never read a book as I am walking down a New York City street during the morning rush hour.

I really have to begin to wonder if we have become an unsociable society - we cannot interact with others unless it is through a device.  Our lives seem to be determined and managed by technology.

Don't let that happen to you, raise your head and look straight ahead - you never know what you will see, who you will meet or what opportunities are ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment