Monday, October 7, 2013

Only Myself to Blame


I certainly deserve to give myself a swift kick in the butt!!!

Yesterday after Zumba class and having coffee with Linda, I went off to run my errands. To the cleaners to give them back a blouse I had picked up the day before that still had the two stains on it that I had pointed out to them, then to Best Buy to buy Ryan another charger and USB cord for his mini iPad; and, lastly to the grocery store.

At the grocery store I stopped by the bank and purchased a $10 roll of quarters - I need them for when I park at the train station on Wednesdays.  I was carrying my wallet, cell phone, keys and the quarters - I throw everything into the basket, pick up the rest of the items I need and then head to self checkout.  That is where the incident occurred.  I put everything on the counter, check my items and to to bag them and a woman starts checking out even though I have not finished.  I throw everything into the bag (or so I thought) and head home.

I unpack, put things in the refrigerator, go to have lunch and I realize I don't have my roll of quarters.  Head back to the grocery store where I look at where I checked out, no quarters, I ask the girl who is bagging if anyone turned in a roll of quarters and she states not to her - check with customer service.  I ask customer service and their response is NO.  Clearly someone picked them up - I hope you are making good use of them.

My pet peeve and I hope that people would learn is if you are in self checkout, let the person in front of you bag their items and walk away before you start checking out. Nothing is that urgent.

I am glad it was only $10 - I hope you enjoyed it; and, at least pass it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment