Wednesday, October 23, 2013

53 Miles of Different Weather


My drive each way to and from work is 53 miles; from the Hudson Valley to the beginnings of Long Island.

Yesterday on my way home the sky was darkening and just before I was on the Throgs Neck Bridge I went through 5 minutes of rain.  Just as soon as it started - it stopped.  As I crossed over the bridge and into Westchester County the sun was out and the sky was a beautiful blue.

I looked at the mountains with the vibrant colors of orange, red, gold, yellow and still some green.  I focused on how the weather can change in 53 miles or an hour drive - from damp, gloomy and overcast to sunny, clear and sparkling.

Mother Nature is always a wondrous site - I am glad that every now and then she makes me stop to catch her attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment