Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Time to Review and Update


Very often we fail to think about updating the beneficiaries on our will, insurance policies or bank accounts.  

Why not use this time of year - when you are selecting your medical benefits to review all this paperwork and update it.  Or if any changes have occurred in your life like marital status or purchase of any large asset like a home.

I have not updated my will since 2006 - yesterday as I took a day off this was my focus, to have a new will drawn up and to have a trust executed.  Next I will be contacting my bank and insurance agents to update the beneficiaries of my accounts.

I am not ill and I don't expect to die anytime soon; but, it is always in our best interest to take care of these things and not leave any issues for our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment