Sunday, August 4, 2013

Nature in my Backyard


Yesterday afternoon as I was reading the newspapers I looked up and from my bay window I could see a deer eating on the grounds across from my home.
I stepped out to take a picture and a neighbor told me that there were three fawns behind my house.  I went back in and grabbed my iPhone to take their picture which I did through the windows and French doors in the kitchen.
It was amazing to watch the three of them calmly walking around and looking to see what they could eat.  Everyone left them alone and eventually they walked away.  I am always a little shocked to see that they come so close to a neighborhood – we are approximately 50 townhouses with cars, children and many dogs.
This is the summer and the grounds are bountiful with blooming flowers and fauna – I fear for them in the winter time.




No comments:

Post a Comment