Thursday, August 15, 2013

Green Food Coloring

Green food coloring – it could have been disastrous.
This Tuesday through Friday and the same for next week – I have Callum since his school is now closed for the remainder of the summer.  Last night as he was going to bed I had stated that I would make him banana chocolate chip muffins for breakfast.
In the morning he asked for Cheerios – I got the recipe for the banana chocolate chip muffins and realized that it called for sour cream.  That was not something I had in the house – I did have cream cheese and tossed in my mind whether I could substitute the cream cheese for sour cream.  I decided that I didn’t want to take the risk.  And by then Callum was asking for my cheese Danish – no problem I had all the ingredients for it.
I take everything and set it up and Callum is watching me – in go the 2 blocks of low fat cream cheese and I put in a teaspoon of vanilla – EXCEPT instead of seeing brown I see dark green.  When I look at the bottle I realize that I didn’t take the vanilla; but, the green food coloring that I had purchased to make Ryan’s mashed potatoes green for St. Patrick’s Day.
Luckily I had two more blocks of low fat cream cheese and was able to make Callum his cheese Danish.  Moral of the story – read the label before pouring in the ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment