Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

I don't know how you celebrate St. Patrick's Day; but, although I am not Irish my nephew is - so I celebrate it for him and his family and this is our monthly family dinner.

I made Irish beef stew, Irish brown soda bread and mashed potatoes, which for Ryan had to be green.  Dessert was carrot cake decorated with green shamrocks and "Happy St. Patrick's Day".

This year Siobhan, Matt and my cousin Gerry were not here; but, they were not forgotten.  Siobhan and Matt received their St. Patrick's day card with the monetary surprise and a box of Cheryl's cookies was delivered to their home.  I want them to know that they are always in my thoughts.

Take a holiday and or a day each month and celebrate with your family.  Next for us is Easter; and, again although we are not Mexican we will celebrate Cinco de May - I can't wait as I found an awesome Dulce de Leche cake recipe that I cannot wait to make.

I hope that this lets you celebrate life, enjoy time with family and friends and explore or display your creativity through cooking, decorating and entertaining.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment