Sunday, March 24, 2013

Best Friends

Yesterday I got to see my best friend who I have not seen in over a year.  It is not that we don't want to see each other - but, we each have busy lives with work, family and other obligations.

What I love about our friendship is that we can pick up as if we just saw and spoke to each other yesterday.  We still speak to each other and know when the other is going through a tough patch either with work, a family member or with our health.  We would drop anything we were doing if either needed the other.

We love seeing how we have each evolved from when we first met each other, to when I worked for her, to each of us now working for a non-profit.  The more our lives became different - the more they became the same.

She is always in my thoughts and I know I am in hers.  Our birthday and Christmas present to each other is to spend a day having lunch, talking and seeing a show - yesterday was our present and we saw "Kinky Boots" - I highly recommend it.

I hope that you each have a best friend like mine - a woman I admire and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment