Sunday, March 10, 2013

Slept Saturday Away

I am not proud of how I spent my Saturday, sleeping; but I have a very good reason.

I have been at the Telespan Workshop in Las Vegas since Wednesday - neither Wednesday or Thursday evening did I sleep well.  It wasn't that the bed wasn't comfortable, it was; I am sure it was just the things going through my head; work, speaking at the workshop, the weather back home, etc.

And that weather had an impact on getting home.  My flight was cancelled and I was rescheduled on the red-eye due to leave at 9:50PM and arrive in Newark at 5:30.  No sooner was it booked that the flight was delayed to 10:25PM.  I thought I would answer some emails in my hotel room until I had to leave so I asked for a late checkout.  No luck the room was sold - I stayed in the room until 2PM - then went down and had a late lunch and headed to the airport.

At the airport I finished one book, bought another to read, then decided to send out some emails and put together a presentation that I need to give in a couple of weeks.  Just as I mailed the presentation to some people for their review; my ex-boss Joyce who was at the conference came by and we had a nice discussion for an hour and a half.  My flight had been delayed until 11:35.

It did leave - I read several chapters in my new book and I slept for about an hour.  My eyes were killing me from my contact lenses which had been on for more than 24 hours.  I couldn't wait to get home to get out of my business suit.  I walked in my door at 8:45AM and decided I was not going out for the remainder of the day.

You never catch up on lost sleep - just take each day as it comesI was happy that I managed to be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment