Monday, March 11, 2013

La Sagrada Familia

Last night I watched 60 Minutes and I cannot tell you how shocked, surprised and ecstatic I was when they did a piece on "La Sagrada Familia".

For those of you not familiar with La Sagrada Familia it is a cathedral that has been under construction for over 120 years and was designed by Antonio Gaudi - one of Spain's most renowned architects.

It has been a few years since I was in Barcelona and I went to La Sagrada twice - at the time even the inside was not complete; but, you could see how majestic it could be.

On tonight's 60 Minutes episode the interior had been completed and a mass was being conducted by the Pope.  The outside is still not completed and it may be many more decades before it is.

I urge you that if you ever get the opportunity to be in Barcelona to please stop by this cathedral and go in - the architecture in itself is divine, spiritual and sacred.

I hope that I will once more be able to see this fantastical sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment