Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lean In

I don't very often read self help books - I am not convinced that someone else can tell me how to address my feelings, deal with issues, etc.

But I have now seen two shows with Sheryl Sandberg discussing what women should be requesting in business, what their expectations should be of themselves and their bosses.  She makes us aware of how our actions are different then men's and how we need to change that.

It is so refreshing to have someone state that it is okay for us to want to have a family and a high powered job and that our companies should be able to accommodate that.  Too often although we were told we could have it all - realistically we knew we couldn't.

Read this book, let's determine what we can do for the girls who will mature and enter the workforce.  They are our future and they should not hit a glass ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment