Friday, September 5, 2014

White or No White?


There is an unwritten fashion rule that we all have learned over the years - that you cannot wear white after Labor Day.

Generally, I do not have an issue with that because usually right after Labor Day there is a chill in the mornings and even the air smells differently.  BUT, not this year - this has been the hottest week we have had all summer.  Yesterday when I went to the grocery store and came back to the car, 30 minutes later my dashboard read 90 degrees.

What really brought this to my attention was that I saw a woman wearing white capris. Was she wrong? No.  It is just that I assumed that everyone's white shorts, capris, pants and shoes were all put away.

So should there be a fashion rule - no, go with what the weather commands.

No comments:

Post a Comment