Thursday, September 25, 2014

Navigating NYC


This is United Nations week in New York City and as a result the traffic is a "bear". Thankfully I can walk to the office.

Every year this week is a traffic nightmare for those of us who either live or work in New York City.  You have every diplomat from every country around the world participating in the event; therefore, needing security at their hotels, to and from the UN, etc.  Not only do we have the world diplomats we also have our President in New York and all of his security detail.

For 16 years I lived in Tudor City directly across from the United Nations - I used to have to pull out my driver's license to show the police I could walk on the streets that led to my home.  On the rooftops of my community were snipers watching the crowds.

You can deal with this as long as you depend on one thing - your legs to walk you through the maze of closed streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment