Saturday, September 13, 2014

Looking Forward to This


A little known fact about myself is that I love history - any kind of history will do; so I cannot wait until tonight.

Beginning tonight and for the next 6 nights PBS will be televising Ken Burns, "The Roosevelts" that is a history of Theodore, Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt.  What is even better is that all three of them are New Yorkers and I actually past Hyde Park on the Taconic State Parkway on my way home.

It is my understanding that this documentary demonstrates how the Roosevelts had a major influence on this country moving from a farm to an industrialized state.  I think that Eleanor Roosevelt was extremely progressive in her behaviour, thoughts and actions for a woman of her times.

And what could possibly be wrong with our taking a look at history and understanding the individuals who had such an influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment