Thursday, September 18, 2014

Childhood Memory

 


Last night as I was speaking to my girlfriend I heard music that was familiar from my childhood, Mr. Softee.

I could not believe that the Mr. Softee truck was in my neighborhood and scouting for any takers.  Although as a child I would always get their ice cream sundaes, as an adult I can no longer eat it since the butter fat is more than my stomach can handle.

As a child we would spend summers at my aunt Irma's apartment in the Bronx - four of my mother's sisters lived between 2 adjacent apartment buildings and there were 8 of us cousins.  Weekends always found us in her apartment and when we heard Mr. Softee all of us would be running down the 5 flight of stairs to get our ice cream.  Those were simpler days.

I know we all depend upon technology and all the new devices that have been developed in the last 30 years; but, there is something to say for the "good old days".

No comments:

Post a Comment