Sunday, January 12, 2014

Simple Tasks


There are times when I take pleasure in a simple task and seeing it done.

As it rained and the wind howled yesterday afternoon, it was time to do laundry.  It is generally just two loads for me - one clothing, the other towels.  I know that many folks dread doing laundry and I used to also.  That was when I lived in a coop in Manhattan and the laundry room was in the basement.  I would have to haul the basket downstairs and pray that there would be machines available.

Then it was time to decide as to whether to stay in the laundry room while the clothes were washing and drying or try to do other things by going back upstairs and gauging what time they would be done so no one else would touch my clothes.

Having a washer and dryer in my townhome makes this an easy task that can be done at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment