Thursday, January 23, 2014

Preparing


In just under 3 months we will need to file our 2013 tax returns.

Yesterday I went through my file and put together all my receipts and statements for my accountant.  I also updated a spreadsheet that I keep that has all the contributions I have made throughout the year, Cancer Research, Adopt a Family, Backpack Operation, etc.

The only two items I am still waiting on is my 1099 from my mortgage company and my company - they have until January 31st.  I have already made an appointment with my accountant and I know I will have my taxes filed by the middle of February.

It makes it easy that I keep all receipts in one folder in my office - also, I like to get this done early and not wait until the accountants are all stressed with the looming April 15th deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment