Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I've Become a Hoarder


I have become a hoarder of quarters - I need them to pay the meter at the train station on Wednesdays when I go into the city.

I need 18 quarters every Wednesday as I pay to park for 9 hours - and even then I am cheating as I am hoping to get home by 4:30 and my time at the meter begins just before 7AM.

Every time I receive change and I receive quarters I place them in my special change purse that only has quarters - every few weeks I am at the bank at my grocery store buying for $10 a roll of quarters.  Do you realize how heavy a roll is?

Yesterday I realized that I needed one more dollar in quarters to have the requisite 18 quarters for today.  When I stopped for my caffe latte at Starbuck's I asked the barista if I could trade a dollar bill for 4 quarters.  He was nice enough to say yes.

Now I have the quarters I need for today and over the weekend I will stop by the bank and buy a $10 roll of quarters for the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment