Tuesday, September 17, 2013

'Tis the Season - Apple Picking



Today the weather held out and we were able to go ahead and have our annual apple picking day.

I was quite worried that it was going to be rained out or muddy as it had been raining this morning and a bit overcast; but, by 10AM the sun started to come out and the sky was turning blue.

I met Gerard, Ryan and Callum (that is Gerard & Callum) in the picture at Wilkens Farm - I had half a dozen apple cider donuts as I knew the boys had not had lunch.  During the week there is no hayride to the orchards; but, instead you walk there.  It was nice and tranquil as there was no one else picking apples and it was a great walk to the orchard. We picked about 60 apples, picked up some cider, apple butter and a few things for the boys to eat - then headed to my home.

We had a nice lunch and time to visit and then I packed the baking I had done for my team to take to work tomorrow.

I know have a whole sack of apples that I need to find various ways to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment