Friday, September 6, 2013

Time for Apples

It is the time for apples – and I was quite surprised how well my baked dish went over.
The family was over for dinner last night and I made baked rigatoni with meatballs, salad and for dessert oat apple cheesecake bars.  Well the dessert was a MAJOR hit and I needed to remind Gerard and Ryan that they had to stop eating it or they would get too full and not have dinner.
We have also made our date to go apple picking – I will take a day off from work and since the boys have a half day on a Monday in a couple of weeks – we will go then.  I have already been asked by Ryan to make an apple pie and apple sauce; guess I will be googling for those two recipes.
It is one of the things we enjoy as a family – apple picking, and getting some apple butter and apple cider donuts.  A great tradition that we do each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment