Saturday, September 28, 2013

Home Made Apple Sauce - My First Try


We had gone apple picking a week and a half ago and it was time to do something with the 60 apples we had picked.

Both Gerard and Ryan have been asking me when was I going to make the apple sauce - something I had never done before.  Well I tackled the apple sauce last night and made quite a bit of it and used up 50 of those 60 apples.  There were two batches and a lot of peeling, coring, stirring and tasting to make sure that it had enough sugar and cinnamon.

On Sunday I will have the family over, I will make Ryan's favorite; pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn and apple sauce.  There will be plenty for them to take home and enjoy.  I had bought these snack sized mason jars that Ryan can take and put in his lunch box.

This was not as difficult as I anticipated and I look forward to doing it again; however, I think I will invite them to peel the apples!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment