Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Badge of Courage, Stubbornness or Stupidity


You are looking at the bruises on my right arm - self inflicted by holding up my dining room table to change the rug this past Saturday.

I know you read and saw the pictures of my living and dining rooms and how excited I was that the last piece, the rugs were now in place.  What I might have failed to tell you is that my dining room table is extremely heavy AND the only way that I can lift it to move the rug with my toe is to place my inner forearms under it and LIFT.

The bad part of that whole thing is that I am taking the full weight of the table (and the leaf isn't in it) on my inner forearms - hence, the bruises.  Does it hurt - YES!!!  Have I learned my lesson - NO!!!

I am the only one around to do this - I am fanatical about getting things done when I want; therefore, I guess I better get used to having these major bruises twice a year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment