Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cooking with Apples





I spent some time today pulling apple recipes off of the web.  Why, you ask?

On Monday we are going apple picking and Ryan has already placed his order for a couple of things.  He wants apple sauce and an apple pie.  I have found out that apple sauce is really quite easy to make - so that will be fine.  Apple pie is a little more difficult because of the pastry; BUT, I think I have found a good compromise and a healthy one, apple cobbler.  This isn't as difficult to make and actually reminds me a little bit of Gerard's maternal grandmother's deep dish apple pie in that it didn't have a bottom crust.

I have also found a recipe for apple streusel cookie tart and I think the family will really enjoy that - I can't wait to make that one.

Hopefully everything will turn out well and everyone will enjoy all my baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment