Friday, September 20, 2013

Everywhere, Everywhere ... Highway Construction


My last meeting yesterday ended at 11:50 - I was in the car and pulling out of the parking log at 12:05; I should be home in an hour.  NOT!!!

Given the time of day I should have made it home in an hour an hour and 10 minutes at the most; but, NO I made it home at 1:45 a whole hour and 40 minutes on the road in the middle of the day.

What was the issue?  How about construction and closed roads at every major highway that I encountered.  Okay, maybe I shouldn't be upset - I still got home early and was able to attend all of my meetings and to respond to messages, etc.  I know that for the "rush hour" they stop doing some of this work so that the traffic moves a little faster and smoother.  And they need to get this done before the winter arrives and it is too cold and/or there is snow and sleet on the road.

So for now - I don't like it; but, there is nothing I can do but tolerate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment