Sunday, June 22, 2014

Just What I Needed



My Saturday was full of just those things I needed to feel myself again.

I went to my aqua aerobics class and had coffee with my friend, Linda.  I got ready for Callum to come over and read the newspapers while I waited for him to be dropped off by his mother.

Our day was full of the things he likes to do - watch his DVDs, build tower with his blocks and then knock them over, go to Barnes & Noble so that he can play with the Thomas train set, have his chocolate cupcake and buy a book.  Then off to the grocery store where he always wants a piece of fruit although he doesn't eat it - this time it was strawberries.

At home we sat in the backyard and played "hide & seek", listened to the birds and did 'piggies' on his toes.

Having Callum spend Saturday with me and his sleepy over is just what my soul needed to be restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment