Thursday, June 12, 2014

Good for Six Months



I am finished with procedures and doctors - well - at least for the next 6 months.

Yesterday I had my colonoscopy at a new facility that my gastroenterologist is now associated with and let me tell you - it was fantastic.  The wait was minimal to sign in, to have your financial information done and to go in for your procedure.

Instead of being placed in a room to remove your clothing, you took it off and placed it in a plastic bag and then placed on a shelf on the bottom part of your bed.  Once in bed you had a heated blanket placed on you while your vitals were taken and you were being prepared for anesthesia.  You never got out of the bed - they rolled you into the OR - then must have rolled me back because I awoke in my bed in an exam area.

I had my juice and crackers, got dressed and met with my doctor - the good news, no polyps and I can now go on the 5 year plan.  It has been a couple of months of doctors and procedures and i am now glad that they are all over and everything came out positively!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment