Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Quality Time

I don't spend hours with my great nephews; but, the time I do spend with them I try to make the most out of it.

On President's Day the boys were only over for a couple of hours but we spent the time talking, playing and having a good lunch.  Callum loves to go up to my bedroom and get under the covers and cuddle - in a few years he will not want to do that so I always go up with him and we cuddle and tickle each other.

Ryan is always looking to see what holiday I am highlighting at the house and what have I cooked - he has an appreciation for food and a great palate for an 11 year old.  And since it is February he is looking to determine what we are doing for vacation this year.

Although it was only a couple of hours - I gave my full attention to the boys, made sure that I had food they both enjoyed and showed them how much I loved them.

When you are with them - live for that moment and be in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment