Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Be Honest . . . Always

I tend to work from home 2 to 3 times a week and yesterday was one of those days for a couple of reasons; the roads were still a bit slippery and there were school opening delays because of it and I have been sick - to the point where I cannot breathe through my nose.

I really needed some relief from these symptoms and I found Tylenol Cold in my cabinets and took it around 1PM and continued to work answering emails, taking calls, etc.  Except I fell asleep a little after 2PM and didn't wake up until 3:30 to find that I was supposed to be on a call with my boss and a peer at 3PM.  I dialed into the call and was honest and told them that I had taken a cold medication and had fallen asleep.

I was honest - this is not my normal work ethic when I work from home; everyone is aware that I am ill as when I am on a call they can hear me coughing and blowing my nose and the fact that I have very little voice.

So, take the high road and always be honest.  


No comments:

Post a Comment