Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Little Old-Fashioned

Next week it will be Valentine's Day and many people will send out e-cards.  Call me old-fashioned but I prefer to receive a card in the mail or to have one handed to me when I see someone.

I give my family cards for their birthdays, Valentine's, St. Patrick's, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I will spend a couple of hours at the card store reading the various greetings to make sure that the one I chose expresses my thoughts and feelings for that individual.

I know that when they read it they realize that I mean the words that are in the card.  Of course, cards never take place for our actions; but, sometimes words are important to read and hear.

Be old-fashioned, buy that card with that special person in mind and mail it.

No comments:

Post a Comment