Sunday, February 17, 2013

Age is a State of Mind

Last night I attended a birthday party for a very special individual who became 70.  To some of us that might seem old; but, this person isn't.

This is an individual who regularly exercises, during the summer bikes for several miles, runs his own firm; and, yet still finds time to spend with his family and friends.

There are people I know who are younger who walk, talk and behave as if they were older than my special friend.

I have learned a lot from this individual - which is taking care of my body by exercising and listening to it I will live much longer.

I do believe in celebrating milestone birthdays - but, not for the number that it is; but, for what you have accomplished.  For everything that you have learned and impart to others, to what you contribute to family, friends, colleagues and strangers.

Acknowledge the number - Celebrate the individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment