Sunday, February 24, 2013

Movies

Tonight the majority of us will be home watching the Academy Awards and waiting to see who the Oscar goes to.

Unfortunately, I have not seen any of the movies that have been nominated for this evening.  Not because I did not want to see them; but, because I do not believe in paying to see a movie in the theater when it is currently also in DVD and I can buy it at the grocery store.

There used to be a time when it would be a year before a movie that was in the theaters would come out on DVD - now it is only a couple of months.

It is not that I cannot afford to go to the movies, I absolutely can; but, I refuse to pay $10 to $12 for a ticket, $4 for a bottle of water and the same for some popcorn.  I am of the age when I can remember paying a quarter or 50 cents to see a matinee.

I will enjoy watching the Awards and I will enjoy watching the movie when it comes out on one of the cable channels - I get all of them.

I can sit at home with my bottle of seltzer, in m pajamas and watch at my leisure.

Good luck to all who have been nominated.

No comments:

Post a Comment