Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mommy


Today would have been my mother's 79th birthday and few days go by that I do not think of her although she has been gone for 43 years.

I am my mother's daughter and child - as I have grown older I look more like her and less like my father.  Not only is my body shape like hers; but, so are my mannerisms.  I take care of myself and always have money available - I learned that from my mother who always stated, "there is nothing more embaressing than asking your husband for money to buy underwear".  She impressed upon me to be independent, to embrace education, to give respect; but, also to expect it.

Family, the truth and honesty were tantamount in her life as was being neat and clean no matter how little you had in money or items.  From her I take pride in keeping a clean home, always looking put together and that people can depend upon me - I am true to my word.

Mom, I always think of you and thank you for making me the woman I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment