Sunday, August 3, 2014

About Once a Year



I don't very often see a foreign film with subtitles; but, just about once a year there is a film on cable TV that I want to watch.

I saw one yesterday about the French revolution - it is a period of time that fascinates me as there doesn't seem to be a true rendering of Marie Antoinette.  Was she really an evil individual who ran France to the ground or was she an innocent of the times?

My great great grandfather was a French marquis who left the country and went to the Caribbean islands and made a new life there.  When I was in Paris I went to Versailles and was amazed at its largesse and how many people it must have taken to keep it in its shining state during its heyday.

There are times in history that each of us wish we new more about - the French revolution is one that I wouldn't mind becoming more educated on.

No comments:

Post a Comment