Saturday, August 16, 2014

How Fast, How Much More Productive



On Thursday I received my new laptop - a Lenovo x240 Thinkpad - and I couldn't be happier.

Not only is it much lighter and helps me not carry a 20 pound briefcase; but, it is also extremely fast.  I was getting used to my Lenovo T420 taking 5 to 7 minutes to boot up each morning and then I won't speak to how slow it was to do other work.  I actually could type faster than the letters showed up on the screen.

I was fortunate that our policy is a laptop refresh every 3 years and I was due in June of this past year - I am also thankful that although the organization was looking to place a bulk order they went ahead and expedited mine through.

Much of this was done because I am taking Callum to Disneyworld at the end of next week and did not want to carry my 7 pound computer along with my iPad and the personal DVD player - this is much lighter and now it is not an issue.

Yes, I am on PTO or vacation; but, I also have to sign off on timesheets so that my staff can get paid - very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment