Sunday, April 27, 2014

Stars Aligned or Just Luck?


There are times when I wonder if the stars are aligned or if I am just being lucky? Yesterday was one of those days.

My friend Linda and I had an entire day planned out - we were going to see Audra McDonald in "Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill" in New York and then we were going to have dinner at Zeph's in Peekskill.

The day was gorgeous when we left; but, there had been talk that there were to be showers beginning at 5 or 6 o'clock in the evening so both Linda and I tucked an umbrella into our handbags.

The show was phenomenal and I highly recommend it - and just as we were crossing the street to enter the Met Life building we felt the first drops of rain.  When we arrived at the Peekskill station we realized that it had rained and we once more missed it - then, we finished dinner and headed to the car and no sooner than we closed the doors that the skies opened.  It wasn't only rain but it was also sleet coming down hard.

But as I pulled into my parking spot at home it once more stopped and I was able to get the mail and walk into the house without having to put up my umbrella.  I found out from Linda that it really only came down as she got home and went to get her mail.

We both cannot believe our luck yesterday to have navigated through the raindrops; I am sure if we did not have our umbrellas with us we would not have been as lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment