Thursday, April 24, 2014

Another Doctor Visit This Month


Today I had to go to the Doctor; but, it wasn't my usual obgyn or internist - it was the dermatologist.

It has been over 10 years since I have had a skin screening check and the only reason I ended up going is that my obgyn found a mole that was subcutaneous and she felt needed to be removed.

I felt fairly lucky in that the rest of my body was fine - true I have a mole in between my toes and another one on the bottom of my foot; but, I have had those forever.  Despite that the dermatologist measured them and noted it in my file - I guess we will be monitoring those in the future.

She was able to remove the mole that my obgyn was concerned about and within a week I will know the results of the biopsy.  I feel relieved that there was nothing else given that I am from the generation that used baby oil when we laid out to get some sun.

As a much older adult, I now use makeup that contains a sunscreen of at last SPF 15 and when I do go out in the sun I use anywhere between SPF 30 to SPF 50 on my skin. My how things change as we age.

No comments:

Post a Comment