Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Noticed the Style



Yesterday as I walked to the office I noticed that every woman under the age of 40 was wearing ballet flats.

Is this the new style?  It is not one that I have adopted primarily because I do not think that they would look flattering on my feet and secondly I do not think that they have much support.

My feet have been described by my best friend as "Barney Rubble" feet.  They are short and squat - somehow you need to have long lean foot to wear ballet flats.  Also I have always been brought up to ensure that the shoes I wear have an arch and can support your foot, I don't want to feel stones through the sole - somehow I think every pebble can be felt through the sole of the ballet flat.  AND since they are flat there is no arch support or cushioning for the rest of your foot.

Don't get me wrong I am not against flat shoes especially when you are walking 15 city blocks; but, I do feel that they have to offer some sense of support and comfort.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, as I embark on a 2 block walk to my NYC customer meeting in 3" heels I am dreaming of an arch-less, support-less ballet flat! Women's feet get ruined regardless of what we wear by middle age, although I whole-heartedly agree that ballet flats offer no real support, cute as they are! :-)

    ReplyDelete