Monday, December 1, 2014

This Year



As we get older the wonder of Christmas loses its luster unless there are children in your life.

This year Callum has really begun to understand each of the holidays - at Halloween he wanted to give out the candy to the trick or treaters, last night he asked me if we could have Thanksgiving again.  And now we are preparing for Christmas.

I want to make this special for him and for him to enjoy it and to formulate his own memories of the holidays.  I have a creche and will be using the Peanuts characters for the nativity scene - similar to the "Charlie Brown" Christmas pageant.  The 3 foot tree will be decorated by Callum and myself the weekend before Christmas and I have ordered all Peanuts ornaments for us to use.

The Charlie Brown DVDs for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas have really helped him understand each of these holidays.  Hopefully new traditions that we begin together will also be good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment